Engineer Surveyor – Lift & Crane / Pressure or Plant Engineer
Job Title: Engineer Surveyor/Plant Engineer - working from home
Location: One vacancy in the Portsmouth/Southampton/Winchester area
Salary: Subject to experience and ability + company vehicle/car allowance/pension + bonus
Other Benefits - 9 day working fortnight, birthday off with pay
- Competitive Salary - subject to experience
- Chance to work in a small but growing company, who value, respect & reward their staff.
- Company vehicle or allowance.
- 3% Pension allowance.
- Starting 20 days annual leave, this increases after 2 years by 1 day per annum until 25 days bank holiday reached + 8 statutory Bank holidays
- 9 Day working fortnight
- Birthday off with pay - or if at the weekend the nearest working day is taken off.
- Annual bonus.
Hutcheon Examination Services Limited is a small but expanding company based in Hampshire. HESL provides an extensive range of engineering examination and testing services to a wide variety of industry sectors including Automotive, Aerospace, Construction, Marine, Power/Energy, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing & Utilities.
We are currently looking to expand our engineering service and require an enthusiastic Engineer Surveyor to help us move the business forward. The working days are varied and challenging. Based from home and covering allocated area, although the engineer will be need to be flexible to travel to other locations with very occasional overnight stays.
The right candidate will be responsible to carry out high quality examinations in accordance with LOLER, PUWER & PSSR (CoSHH would be a bonus). The ideal candidate needs to have total customer focus and great customer skills and provide maximum customer service.
We welcome both experienced Engineer Surveyors from all mainstream engineering inspection companies and other engineering sectors. All ideal candidates will need to have a proven mechanical engineering background. The ideal candidate needs to be experienced and familiar with a wide range of lifting equipment; passenger/goods lifts, cranes & plant. Ability to carry out load testing and examinations of simple pressure systems would also be a great benefit although training will be provided.
Currently all planning is done from our head-office.
- Ensure examinations are carried in line with a daily planned schedule.
- Produce examination reports using our PRIME reporting system in a professional manner within company service standards.
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that customer service standards are met.
- Maintain an awareness of British, European & International current standards.
- Respond and work flexibly.
- Identify possible business opportunities.
- Maintain technical standards and participate in technical audits (both internal and external).
- Recognised engineering qualification ONC / HNC / HND / I.Eng./E. Eng
- Hold a current U.K. driving license.
- Proven engineering background within a mechanical discipline.
- Proven working knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently but also as a key team member.
- IT literate.
- Good knowledge of industry trends, developments and changes in legislation.